Non-Covered Services are those services that Bloom OB/GYN performs that are not reimbursed by insurance companies. Typically, these services require considerable time in addition to your routine office visit. For example:
- Access to on-site blood draws and ultrasound (may be excluded for certain HMO plans)
- Calls to insurance companies and HR departments regarding insurance eligibility and billing questions
- Coordination of care with specialists/ER doctors, pharmacies, laboratories or radiology departments
- Letters to referring providers and for patients
- Completing forms for work: disability, immunizations, etc.
- FMLA forms
- Prior authorization for laboratory tests or medications