For many women, the simple hassle of battling traffic, finding parking, and coming into an office is the biggest barrier to accessing healthcare. Telemedicine is a unique and secure healthcare platform designed exclusively for women on the go. These remote appointments make accessing care simple. Whether from home, work or on travel, our providers are available to provide a variety of services by video appointment.
What services are available over Telemedicine?
Most any visit that does not require a physical examination, an ultrasound or an in-office procedure can happen by video appointment.
- Routine follow-up care
- Reviewing lab results
- Prescription refills
- Medication changes
- Reviewing imaging results, such as a mammogram or ultrasound
During your video appointment, your provider might determine that an in-person visit is needed at a later date.
Easily join a Telemedicine video appointment in 3 steps:
- Call our office to schedule an appointment at 202-449-9570.
- Watch for an email with instructions to set up the Telemedicine software on your device and a link to launch the video appointment.
- Join the appointment and wait for your doctor to start the visit.
What type of devices can be used for video appointments?
- Laptop or desktop computer with a webcam
What is the cost of a video appointment?
Telemedicine appointments are billed to insurance and, in most cases, the cost is the same as an in-person office appointment. Copays may apply.
What are the advantages of Telemedicine?
- Eliminates transportation time and costs
- Less time away from work, family and friends
- Reduced risk of exposure to communicable diseases
As a new patient, am I eligible?
No. At this time, all new patients are asked to schedule an initial visit in the office.
Is Telemedicine private?
Yes. We use a secure and HIPAA compliant video platform to protect your health information and privacy. All patients who participate in a Telemedicine appointment are asked to sign a Telemedicine Consent Form: