Top 5 things you need to know:
- Zika is spread through infected mosquitoes, but you can also get Zika through sex
- The best way to prevent Zika is to prevent mosquito bites!
- Zika is linked to birth defects
- Pregnant women should not travel to areas with Zika
- Returning travelers with Zika can spread the virus through mosquito bites
If you are pregnant and want to learn more about the Zika virus, please make an appointment with Dr. Joan Loveland or Dr. Scott Osmun. You may also find useful information at the following trusted sites: